Card Size 6" x 4" (amethyst)
Uniquely Creative Products Used
Floral Bunch Stamp, Floral Bunch dies, Lavender pearls, Violet Garden sequins, Kookaburra Party stamp
Other Products Used
Purple cardstock, Gold embossing powder, Prismacolour pencils
1. Cut a piece of amethyst cardstock bigger than what you’ll require and prepare with anti-static powder. Stamp and emboss the Floral Bunch Stamp with gold embossing powder multiple times, so that the images are almost touching. It should give the impression of a patterned background. Now you can cut it down to (just smaller than) 6x4” rectangle, as this will become the panel on the front of your card. On a separate scrap of amethyst cardstock I also stamped and embossed two of the butterflies that come in this set too.
2. Start colouring in the image with Prismacolour pencils. These are opaque and will look nice and bright against the darker background. And it always pays to start with a lighter shade first, and then layer the darker tones on top. For example, to colour this pink flower I started by adding the white to the centre first, then used the peach colour in the middle of each petal, and lastly the darker pink was added to the outside edges of each petal.
3. Continue colouring all the flowers and leaves until you’re happy. I chose to stick with pink, blue and purple tones for all the flowers, plus a little bit of yellow for their centres, and green leaves. Don’t forget to also colour in the two butterflies, and then cut these out with the matching die.
4. Stamp and trim down a repeated sentiment three times. I used the ‘congratulations’ stamp from the ‘Kookaburra Party’ set.
5. Time to assemble it all together! Firstly I mounted the coloured panel onto a lighter purple (lavender) piece and trimmed around this before adhering both onto the card base. I adhered the sentiments with foam tape in the centre of the card, and the two butterflies were adhered with foam tape too. Finish off by adding a scattering of sequins and pearls.