Card Size: 4" x 6" Blue Card
Uniquely Creative Products Used
UC1837 Succulents Stamp Set, UC1957 Succulents Die Set, UC1710 Succulents Laser Cut, Patterned Paper, UCE1727 Gold Rhinestones, Cut-A-Part Word Strips, UCE1831 Watercolour Paper, UCE1772 Uniqolour Markers.
Other Products Used
Ribbon, Staz-On Ink, Versamark Ink, White Embossing Powder, Gold Glitter Glue
Natalie's card today is fairly simple in it’s design, but with it’s bold colours and all the different textures, it’s really quite eye-catching! Here’s how Natalie did it…
1. Chose your favourite succulent image and stamp it onto watercolour paper using permanent ink. Colour it in using Uniqolour Markers, and then consider adding a touch of gold glitter glue to the edges for a little sparkle! When it’s really dry, cut it out with the matching dies.
2. The sentiment word strips that came in this month’s Stamp and Colour kit would be fairly easy to cut out by hand. It is easy to cut them all out at once with the Cut-a-part Essentials #5 die, plus they give a really professional look of the bevelled edge that you achieve with the die.
3. Natalie did debate about leaving the lasercut word undecorated, just as it was, but decided to add another texture with white embossing powder. Keeping the embossing powder in a little plastic container, Natalie pressed the lasercut word into the Versamark inkpad, then simply pressed it into the embossing powder. This is far less messy than pouring it over the top, and covers it really evenly. Hold the "hello" word with tweezers to melt it with the heat gun, it's now super glossy and shiny.
4. Lastly it’s all about assembling the different layers of the card. Use two different green patterned papers, cut into rectangles and use as the base layers. Attach a strip of red ribbon across the bottom – You can use a sewing machine to sew it securely in place!
5. Layer the sentiment strip (attach with foam tape for dimension) and glue on the laser cut “hello”. Tuck in the succulent on one side, add some satin ribbon leaves on the other side, then finish it all off with some gold rhinestones.