Card Size 4 1/2" x 6"
Uniquely Creative Products Used
Pawesome stamp set, Stitched 6 Window Frame die, Violet Garden Sequins
Other Products Used
Paper Trimmer, Scoring Board, Ink On 3 Blackout Detail Ink; Altenew Black Obsidian Ink; Die Cutting Machine; Double Sided Tape; Foam Tape, Adhesive; Copic Markers
Creating the Base of the Card:
1. From purple cardstock cut a piece of card 12 inches x 4.5 inches and another piece that is 1 inch x 4.5inches.
2. Score the 12 inch x 4.5 inch card at 1.5 inch intervals in both directions so that you get 1.5 inch squares all over the card.
3. Using the diagram below as a guide, cut along all solid lines. This will remove 4 squares from your card and will give you 3 pieces that are loose on 3 sides.
4. Score the 1 inch x 4.5 inch piece of card in half so it measures ½ inch x 4.5 inch.
5. Attach the small piece of card to the end of your bigger piece of card so that it now measures 12.5 inches x 4.5 inches. (on the diagram below it is on the left side)
6. Fold along the score lines shown in red in the diagram below. This would be the first score line after the 1 inch piece was added, the 4 score lines which are associated with the “loose’ pieces in the middle and the two score lines at the middle back.
7. Fold the small strip at the left end of the larger piece under (so it is now flush with the end. Turn the card over so that the back is now facing you and apply adhesive to the top of the thin piece of card we just folded over. Fold the opposite side (right side in diagram) over so it is flush with the edge. (left side in diagram)
8. Apply adhesive to the two “loose” pieces on the top right hand side of the card and are on the bottom layer (dark coloured on diagram below) and then fold them down so that they adhere to the panels to the left of them. You should be left with something which looks like the diagram on the below.
9. Now your block card is ready to stand up using the pre folded score lines (red lines in diagram above).
Decorating the Card
1. Using the frame die from the Stitched 6 Window Frame die set, die cut a piece of pattern paper 3 times so you have 15 stitched squares.
2. Adhere each of the patterned paper squares to the scored squares on the card base.
3. Stamp the images from the Pawesome stamp set onto white cardstock using black ink, cut out the images using coordinating dies. Color as desired.
4. Add images to the front, back and top squares on card as desired using foam tape.
5. Stamp sentiments, also from the stamp set onto white cardstock using black ink and cut out. Adhere sentiments to front and back of block card.
6. Add sequins around sentiment area. Your card will fold flat for mailing.