Card Size 4 1/4" x 5 3/4"
Uniquely Creative Products Used
UC1806 You’re Weird Stamps, UCD1917 You’re Weird Dies, UC1793 Flamazing Stamp, UCD1765 Stitched Scallop Circles Die
Other Products Used
Squeezed Lemonade, Lucky Clover and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide, Pure Platinum Nuvo embellishment mousse, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, blending tools, Versamark ink, Onyx Black Versafine ink, smooth white cardstock, black cardstock
Platypus – E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49 (body); E43, E44, E47, E49 (bill/feet)
Teal – BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15
1. Cut base card down to 5 ¾” high.
2. Cut black cardstock to 4” x 5 ½”. Cut white cardstock to 3 ¾” x 5 ¼”.
3. On white cardstock, randomly stamp Shell images from Flamazing stamp set with Versamark embossing ink. Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
4. Add colour to background by blending Distress Oxides – I used Squeezed Lemonade, Lucky Clover and Mermaid Lagoon.
5. Remove colour from embossed areas by wiping over with a dry paper towel. This will return those areas to white.
6. Die cut 5 Stitched Scalloped Circles from white cardstock in various sizes. Use a blending tool and colour the circles with Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
7. Heat emboss sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine ink and Clear Embossing Powder.
8. Colour the platypus with your colouring medium of choice – I used Copic markers.
9. Assemble the card by adhering the background piece onto black cardstock, and then onto the base card. Adhere all die cut images and sentiment.