Card Size 4 1/4" x 6" (black card)
Uniquely Creative Products Used
Purrfect Stamp Set and Fussy Cutting Dies, Stitched Window Frame Die, Starry Sequins, April Mini Kit Patterned Papers, Uniqolour Markers, Watercolour Paper
Other Products Used
Black cardstock, Staz On ink, cotton thread, seed beads, foam tape, double-sided tape
1. The first thing to do is create the strings of sequins with black cotton thread. Start by tying a knot in the string and then thread on a seed bead. This stops everything from falling off! Next, add a random arrangement of sequins and seed beads, stopping every now and then to tie a new knot so there would be gaps in between. When it was long enough to stretch across the length of the window tie it off – but leaving long threads at either end (this will become important later on)
2. The basic ‘foundations’ of the card are: a folded black card base 6 x 4.25”, a purple patterned paper cut with the Stitched Window die and another piece of black cardstock also cut with the Stitched Window die (to use the middle 'window' piece)
3. On the black window piece, splatter some coloured ink. Distress Oxide works well for this because it’s opaque against the black. I swiped some ink onto an acrylic block and then used an aqua brush to turn it into paint to splatter.
4. It’s time to stamp and colour one of the cats from the Purrfect Stamp set. This one with the balloon was perfect for the party theme I’m trying to achieve on this card. I stamped her with Staz On ink onto Uniquely Creative watercolour paper, and used Uniqolour Markers to colour her. When it’s dry, use the matching die to cut the image out.
5. To assemble the card, adhere the splattered black window piece onto the card base. Run double-sided tape above and below this, in order to arrange and stick down the strings of sequins. Run another piece of double-sided tape over the top of the strings when you are happy with the placement (just for added security!)
6. Adhere the die-cut purple patterned piece of paper over the top with foam tape, and finish off by sticking on the sentiment and balloon cat!