Uniquely Creative Products Used
Tree Builder die set, Creative Quotes stamp
Other Products Used
White cardstock, watercolour cardstock, Versamark ink, Brutus Monroe White Alabaster embossing powder
Distress Oxides: Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet
1. Smoosh the oxide inks onto your work surface and spritz with water. Dip watercolour cardstock to pick up ink. Let dry.
2. Die cut tree tops from inked panel. Die cut tree trunks for each tree from white cardstock.
3. Glue tree trunk to front of tree top. I cut a further trunk cut down to fit beneath the tree top and glued a third trunk to the back of each tree, creating a stacked look, so it lifts off the card for a little dimension.
4. Stamp and emboss the sentiment on a strip of black cardstock.
5. Place a strip of foam adhesive tape along the bottom third of card front where you want the sentiment to be. Before removing the tape, adhere the trees in place along the tape – this keeps them nice and straight and the trunks will be tucked just behind the black strip.
6. Adhere sentiment strip.
7. Assemble card front onto base – I also used a foam sheet between for added firmness and dimension.