Uniquely Creative Products Used
UCP2047 Trail Blazer Paper (x2), UCP2048 Adventure Awaits Paper, True North Creative Cuts, Watercolour Cardstock, True North Laser Cut, UNIQOLOUR Markers, True North Cut-a-Part Sheet, Rhinestone Stars, Washi Tape, Chevron Stencil
Other Products Used
Trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, double sided tape, foam tape, glue, black journal pen, texture paste, staples, heat gun
Photo Size 3" x 4"
1. Swipe some texture or modelling paste over the chevron stencil onto the white watercolour cardstock to create the design on the cardstock. Use your heat gun to dry the paste.
2. Once the paste is dry, take some plastic packaging and your first UNIQOLOUR marker, ‘colour’ some onto the packaging, spray a little bit of water on to the packaging and then turn over and ‘smoosh’ it onto the watercolour cardstock to create some pools of colour. Use the heat gun to dry in between colours and repeat using 3 different colours of your choice. Use the heat gun again to dry off more if needed.
3. Fussy cut some of the stars and tags from the cut-a-part sheet, trim the red arrow strip and words, tabs and pieces from the Adventure Awaits paper and the coloured star strip and small stars from the Trail Blazer paper.
4. Arrange the strips and adhere them vertically on to the white background, overlaying the mixed media done earlier. Mat your photo using a part of the already cut up Trail Blazer paper with the green side showing.
5. Add some foam tape to the under side of the photo and mat. Cut a small piece from the Adventure Awaits paper with the dark side facing up. Adhere the photo and mat tucking in the small piece of paper you just cut out. See image for placement.
6. Add foam dots to the back of some of the fussy cut stars and adhere these in place. Rip some small pieces of the washi tape and add to the layout.
7. Take some of the extra embellishments, including some of the die-cuts from the Creative Cuts pack, the rhinestone stars and the laser cut stars and arrow and other fussy cut pieces from earlier. Arrange them all how you like them and adhere them. See images above for help with placement.
8. Trim about ½ off the top and one side of the white watercolour cardstock and adhere to the full sheet of the green side of the Trail Blazer paper. Be sure you have a green border right around your layout, see main image for help. Freehand a border using a black pen around the white edges of the watercolour cardstock.