Would you like to create a Christmas card that has the wow-factor? We have the tutorial for you! Stephanie Donnini has made this gorgeous step card using Uniquely Creative's Elf Christmas collection. Read on below for the tutorial and learn how you can create your very own zig zag step card.
Uniquely Creative Products Used:
Other Products Used:
Copic Colours Used:
Card Size: 14cm x 14cm (Square Zig Zag Step Card)
1. Take a piece of strong A4 cardstock (300gsm) and cut it down to be 14cm wide. Following the below dimensions, cut and score cardstock to create a Zig Zag step card.
2. Once your card is folded, choose some patterned paper included in the Elf Christmas Mini Kit and cut out panels to cover the front.
3. Using the stitched and scalloped nesting oval dies, cut two pieces from white cardstock and layer together using foam mounts.
4. Spray the laser cut Christmas tree with two shades of Distress Mica stains; this gives it a lovely shimmer. Heat emboss the star with gold embossing powder and colour the tree trunk with brown Copic Markers. To fill in the open ornament areas, back the tree with pieces of coloured paper and glitter cardstock.
5. Stamp the Elf Christmas images with black Copic-friendly ink onto some blending cardstock. Once coloured, die cut with the coordinating dies.
6. To assemble the card, alter some of the stamped images by cutting the string of lights and present stack in half. This is a great way to stretch the stamp set and get more out of it. After the card is assembled, adhere the sentiment strips with foam mounts.
We hope that Stephanie's fabulous tutorial has given you the inspiration to create and try this fun card for yourself!