Journaling is an important part of your scrapbooking layout. It is part of the story being told and enables those looking through your scrapbook to share in the story.
Journaling can be a bit daunting so here are 5 scrapbook journaling tips to help get you started.
- Start with the basics of who, what, where, when and why, this way you will have the important information covered.
- Sometimes it is hard to think of the right words to use, but often you can find a quote, or a saying or even a poem that expresses what you want to say.
- If you feel nervous about writing long paragraphs then use bullet points, they are easy to read and highlight the important facts.
- Practice makes perfect, the more you journal in your layouts the easier it will become.
- Journal onto a piece of card or paper, then attach that to your layout. That way if you make a mistake you can always re-write it or if later on you want to change the wording you can.
Hopefully you will find these tips useful and you will begin to enjoy adding journaling to your layouts.