Uniquely Creative Products Used:
UC1850 Santa Paws Stamp Set, UCD2013 Santa Paws Die
Other Products Used:
Smooth White Cardstock, Stamp Positioning Tool, Black Ink, Paper Trimmer, Scoring Tool, Liquid Adhesive, Glitter Pen, Sparkle Spray, Sparkle Gel, White Gel Pen, Gouache, Double Sided Foam Tape, Distress Oxide Inks – (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon and Shaded Lilac)
Reds - R24, R27, R29, R39, Greens – YG61, YG63, G94, Green/Blues – BG01, BG45, BG49, Blues – B00, B02, B04, B12, B14, B16, B18, Browns – E31, E23, E25, E47, E51, E55, E57, Greys – C0, C1, W9
1. Cut card stock to create card base and two panels. Card base cut at 7.5" x 8.5" and score down the middle at 3.75". Panel 1 cut to measure 3.75" x 8.5" and panel 2 cut to measure 3.5" x 8.5"
2. Colour the edges of panel 1 with red ink or marker. Colour another small piece of cardstock with the same red ink/marker this will be used for the sentiment. (Copic marker (R29 - shown here).
3. Ink blend distress oxide inks in a choice of blues on the top quarter of panel Ensuring that the ink is darker at the top and fading out to white. Mix a small amount of white gouache or paint with a tiny of water. Once the blue inks have dried, splatter the white paint with a small brush to create a snow effect. Spray a light mist of sparkle spray as well. (You can’t have enough sparkle!!). Keep any leftover paint to use later.
4. Stamp images onto smooth white cardstock using a black ink. Colour the images using your choice of markers, using the copic markers listed above. Die cut images using the coordinating die.
5. Once the sky on panel 1 has completely dried, draw a few snow banks using a pale blue and pale lilac marker or ink. Miriam has used tumbled glass and shaded lilac distress oxide inks. You can use the edge of a stencil for this or cut out a snow bank shape from cardstock to use as a guide if you prefer not to draw by hand.
6. Hand draw a few trees at different points on the snow drifts, you can use a tree stamp if you prefer. Depending on the size of the trees, aim for 3 or 4 trees for this size card. Splatter the trees with the remaining white paint.
7. Place the images on to the panel, moving them around until you are happy with the placement. Once happy adhere the images with liquid glue. Glue some of the small parcels directly onto the panel and pop up the main images with foam tape to add some dimension.
8. Stamp the sentiment on to the additional piece of red cardstock using a clear embossing ink and white embossing powder. Apply an antistatic powder to the cardstock before stamping. Cut the strip to size and place across the sky section of the card using double sided foam tape.
9. Adhere panel 2 to the middle of panel 1 using liquid glue, ensuring that the red edges are showing equally on each side. Then adhere to the card base.
10. Add finishing touches to the card using a glitter pen to add sparkle to the images, dots of sparkle gel on the snow banks and a few clear gems here and there.